National symbols - The Paraguayan Flag
The Paraguayan flag displays three horizontal bars of equal width, one red, one white and the other blue.
The flag was officially adopted in the national Extraordinary General Congress of Parliament on November 25, 1842.
On the obverse side of the flag, the flag bears a coat of arms portraying a lion accompanied by a Phrygian cap along with the inscription “Peace and Justice”; on the reverse side, another coat of arms is portrayed, with a palm branch and an olive branch curving to form a wreath, encircling a star.
Paraguayan Flag - Reverse side
Paraguayan Flag - Obverse side
Reverse and obverse shields of the flag